- About GPA
- Board of Directors
- Insider Vol 4, No. 15
- Insider Vol 4, No. 14
- Insider Vol 4, No. 13
- Insider Vol 4, No. 12
- Insider Vol 4, No. 11
- Insider Vol 4, No. 10
- Insider Vol 4, No. 9
- Insider Vol 4, No. 8
- Insider Vol 4, No. 7
- Insider Vol 4, No. 6
- Insider Vol 4, No. 5
- Insider Vol 4, No. 4
- Insider Vol 4, No. 3
- Insider Vol 4, No. 2
- Insider Vol 4, No. 1
- Insider Vol 3, No.6
- Insider Vol 3, No. 5
- Insider Vol 3, No.4
- Insider Vol 3, No. 3
- Insider Vol 3, No. 2
- Insider Vol 3, No. 1
- Insider Vol 2, No. 10
- Insider Vol 2, No. 9
- Insider Vol 2, No. 8
- Insider Vol 2, No. 7
- Insider Vol 2, No. 6
- Insider Vol 2, No. 5
- Insider Vol 2, No. 4
- Insider Vol 2, No. 3
- Insider Vol 2, No. 2
- Insider Vol 2, No. 1
- Newsletter Vol 1, No. 1
- GPA Members
- Become a Member
- Annual Reports
- GPA Alumni
- Join the movement
- Global Events
- GLOBAL NEWS FROM PHL
- Global Directory
- World Heritage City
- How to use the World Heritage City Seal
- Opportunities for you!
- The Movie! Watch our World Heritage City Film here!
- This Strategic Plan is for all Philadelphians!
- Media & Press
- World Heritage Celebration - September 8th 2016
- GlobalPhilly 2017
- GlobalPhilly 2017 Events
- Media & Press
- Submit Your Event here!
- GlobalPhilly™ 2015
- GlobalPhilly Home
- Gazette, Vol 13
- Your GlobalPhilly 2015 passport
- Media & Press
- Get Involved GP15
- GP17 - FAQ
Arcadia University School of Global Business
450 S. Easton Road, Glenside, PA 19038
Contact Phone Number:1-877-ARCADIA (1-877-272-2342)
The Arcadia University School of Global Business develops socially responsible decision-makers committed to ethical and sustainable business practices through a comprehensive curriculum and experiential learning environment.
The Arcadia University School of Global Business will become recognized as a premier provider of global business education driven by strategic thinking through ethical practices.
Our Core Values
- Student Centered: Students and learning are our primary focus.
- Commitment to Excellence: Personal and professional excellence is expected in all we do.
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Purposefully and systematically searching for new opportunities.
- Culture of Engagement: Apply best practices to create a team environment for our students and faculty.
- Outcomes Oriented/Assessment: Performance-based measures while incorporating continuous improvement into the success of our students.
- Ethical Decision Making: Acknowledging acceptable behavior and assessing the moral implications of business decisions.
Firsthand Experience in the Global Marketplace
The School of Global Business provides opportunity for firsthand experience in the global marketplace in:
- Undergraduate preparation for careers in business, industry, and not-for-profits.
- Undergraduate preparation for graduate programs in law, business, health professions, public administration, and economics
- Graduate programs that are focused on evidence-based research and project-based learning to prepare business professionals for a rapidly changing global environment.
- Opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students to participate in service learning and global experiences.
- Opportunities to study abroad at some of the top universities around the world in every discipline, including the MBA.
Undergraduate students conduct internships in the United States and overseas that focus not only on the work experience but on completing a project for the organization; some majors require a semester or year abroad and may include modern language proficiency.
All undergraduate business students complete their studies with a Capstone project involving the development and operation of a business or health organization, preparing a business plan, and making presentations to business executives.
The MBA program features two international experiences where students learn in both an emerging and developed economy. Nationally and internationally known faculty in global business, technology, and tax law combine with a student-centered dedication to learning that encourages active student groups, and participation of faculty and staff beyond the classroom.
Develop Core Competencies
Our programs are designed to:
- Provide students with an understanding of external forces, including the technological, legal, political, cultural and economic conditions that influence organizations and managerial decision making.
- Expose students to each of the major internal functions of accounting and finance, marketing, operations, and human resources that organizations must perform to succeed.
- Develop students' interpersonal, communication, team-management, quantitative and writing skills.
- Encourage students to develop an organizational point of view and integrate what they have learned.
- Offer students an international perspective through both coursework and travel opportunities.
- Develop additional core competencies in critical thinking, ethical behavior, global and cultural awareness, and information technology.