- About GPA
- Board of Directors
- Annual Reports
- GPA Members
- Become a Member
- GPA Alumni
- Join the movement
- GPA Key Initiatives
- Global Gateways
- World Heritage City
- Emerging International Journalists Program
- 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil
- GlobalPhilly™ 2013
- Get Involved
- Global Events
- International Magazine
Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians
One Penn Center, 1617 JFK Blvd 13th FloorPhiladelphia, PA 19103
Contact Name:Peter Gonzales
Contact Phone Number:215-557-2626
Contact Email Address:firstname.lastname@example.org
The Welcoming Center for New Pennsylvanians connects immigrants from around the world with the economic opportunities that they need to succeed in our region. Since opening our doors in 2003, we have assisted more than 7,000 people from over 110 countries.
We believe that a steady influx of new customers, workers, and entrepreneurs can reinvigorate Pennsylvania’s aging population, renew its neighborhoods, and re-energize our economy. By making Pennsylvania a magnet for immigrants, we will become a more vibrant, more creative, and more dynamic competitor in today’s global economy.
Our mission is clear - to be a centralized employment and referral center for the region’s growing immigrant community by promoting immigrant participation in the area’s political, social, and economic life.
The Welcoming Center provides the following services:
- Employment Services: The Welcoming Center's employment program connects jobseekers of all levels to job opportunities in the Philadelphia region.
- Job Training: Our training programs directly relate to employment and help immigrants build the skills for the American workplace.
- Small Business Support: The Welcoming Center provides services to aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners as they look to start or grow their business in our region.
- Resource Referrals: The Welcoming Center answers questions regarding language resources, housing, healthcare, education, and other information about starting a life in our region.
- Legal Clinics: The Welcoming Center offers free monthly legal clinics where immigrants may meet, one-on-one, with volunteer attorneys.
- Public Policy: We strive to educate the people in our communities, policy makers, employers, and the business community through publications and events about how the successful integration of immigrants into our economy will result in positive benefits for all of us.
- Project Bridging Cultures: Project Bridging Cultures works with high school students at South Philadelphia High School to help them succeed in school and pursue post-secondary opportunities.